Bare Soled Girl
Hi, I'm Caroline. I love barefoot shoes and natural movement. And I am on a mission to help more people discover the joys and pleasures that come from feeling the ground under your feet, feeling good in your own body, and having access to all your body parts!
I am a Restorative Exercise Specialist trained by Katy Bowman of Nutritious Movement.
My mission statement is:
Freedom from the Ground Up. It means:
1. freedom and flexibility to feel the earth under our feet, not foam or padding or arch supports (which being barefoot, and wearing barefoot shoes gives us).
2. freedom to express ourselves through our bodies and the practice of natural movement that we are designed for.
3. freedom from pain, as barefoot footwear has many positive biomechanical implications that spiral upwards throughout the body (did you know your shoulder pain could be coming from your calves and feet!!).
4. freedom to feel alive, to feel the pleasures and discomforts of various ground textures (and of various life situations) and to lean in and welcome them all, knowing that they all hold meaning for us.
5. freedom to build the life we want from the ground up, to grow from adversity, to live as authentically as we can.